Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Shhh!

Don't tell John but this is what I made him for Christmas. The first picture is a pair of sheep's wool mixed with angora mittens that are hand dye, hand spun, and hand knit. The orange flecks are the sheeps wool. They turned our really nice.


These are a pair of hand knit socks made of wool, alpaca, and nylon.


And this little lovely is hand spun and hand knit hat made of left over bits of alpaca, angora, and camel. Can you believe that, camel? I just had to try spinning it. It is the least soft of the three fibers but worked well in this hat.

Now I just have to keep him from looking at the blog for a couple more weeks.

2 comments:

Lilac Haven said...

Beautiful! Where did you get the camel?

a striver for sanity said...

I guess I shouldn't mention this to John's Alumni group like I did when he wore an apron then?

They are beautiful, Maureen. How did you find time to knit without his knowledge?

By the way, did I ever mention that in your profile pic it looks like you only have one leg?